Sunday, July 10, 2005

Saguaro National Park



Dave Glasgow and I did an early morning ride in the Nat'l Park Saturday. We arrived at 5:30 a.m. and crawled through the entrance with the runners and other early morning cyclists. The first lap I felt a slight chill--as soon as the sun came up over the Rincons however, it got hot. It was the magic hour and the Park was incredibly beautiful--but my camera battery was dead, Gentle Reader, so no images--sorry.

At lap 2 we were joined by Jan and Bill. Bill rode a Mt. bike and Jan was riding a new "Seven" road bike she just bought at Sabino Cycles. It was fun to all ride together and get to know them. Dave has designed some training for Jan and she was there to put in the miles. We did four laps with the last two pretty fast. On the forth lap Dave and I dropped Jan and Bill--Dave needed to be back early so he cranked it up and I was on his heels. My bottle of Gatorade was still chilled in the car, and it was only 9:30 in the morning!

After we got back to Dave's place near UofA, I went over to have Phil and Judy check out my bike and adjust my wheels. Phil also put a shorter headset on my LeMond, to help me sit up just a bit straighter, and Judy re-wrapped my handle bars.

It was a good day to be outside, on the bike, and alive!

Of course, after Bev and I had dinner at a new place by our house, we got home and I passed out. I didn't even get under the covers, I was so tired--just slept on top of the sheets. Sometimes I don't even get that far and sleep on floor, wake up at 3 a.m. and then drag myself into bed.

Cheers!

No comments: