Monday, June 06, 2005

Ride in Photos

Beautiful Monday morning commute on the bike. I brought along the camera from work to take these pictures for you, Gentle Reader. Please click on them to make them larger if you wish.


I'm ready to roll out. I'm sorta awake at 6:15 a.m.


First Leg of the trip in--watch out for the Beamers!


I'm going up Tangerine for a few miles. I took this picture at the light on Tangerine and Thornydale. There's a nice bike lane on Tangerine, but lots of traffic. When the trucks are not running through--and there's some quiet--you can hear the thousands of birds singing and chirpping/fighting. I'll also see Road Runners here and there, and a hawk or owl sitting on a saguaro.


From the light at Tangerine and Thornydale (previous image) its pretty much a straight shot down into the Tucson Valley, and I'm in the aero bars until about this light, which is my half-way point. There's a good view (click on the image to enlarge). Downtown on the far left is about 10 miles away. Through the light and I ride pretty much in the basin--River Road to 1st Ave. South on 1st Ave to the River Park bike and running path.


I cross this bridge, which I just call the Mountain Bridge, and start the gradual climb up Mountain Ave.


The light at Grant and Mountain Ave. and a short climb to Mabel Ave. and then a left to the office.


Made it. Oh yeah, went to the locker room and forgot to take my socks and underwear, and my soap and shampoo... I had to use the industrial hand soap to get clean. Luckily I did have a set of clothes to wear on the job today. I haven't done that yet--ride in and forget to have clothes. Anyway, showered, and got dressed (sans under roos and socks) and got the spare pair I keep in my desk--and changed. Sorry for the details but this is a blog about commuting, and sometimes if I forget my underpants--well--hey, its a big deal!

Allure Libre!

No comments: