Sunday, July 23, 2006

The Wolf

Sunday morning I did a 40 mile ride with John Heller, Eric Ewing, and Larry and his wife Joan.
5:30 am start from John's house in Continental Ranch, over the front side of Gates Pass, McCain Loop, Sandario--and then up Twin Peaks Rd.

On McCain loop, I got a glimps of The Wolf--a Tucson icon. And from what Joan said, Gentle Readers--a lost soul bound to ride Tucson's roadways for Eternity.

Enjoi the photos, mes amis!

On Gates Pass Rd, early in the morning.


The climbing starts.


Larry, Joan, and John.


Another view going up to the top.


Its been awhile since I rode out here. The scenery is excellent.

On the way up in our pace line, somehow Eric and I got too close when we were changing positions--and our handlebars locked up. I went down. The tandum was behind me and they just missed rolling over me... I was okay. Just a little scraped up. Luckily we weren't going all that fast, and the bike was okay. Glad I didn't break my new camera!

I'm more sore today actually. Got a bit of road rash on my hip.


More scenery on the ascent up Gates Pass Road.


I snap a shot of John at the top.


Larry and Joan on their new tandum. We're on the McCain Loop.


Eric, a strong rider--all muscle--on McCain Loop.


Water stop on Sandario Rd.


Rednecks enjoying their filth, making a stop for beer and cigarettes.


Eric, John, and Larry.

Down Sandario Road, we have a tail wind, and the tandum really takes off. We ride tops at 28 and 31 MPH drafting behind the tandum! When the tandum gets some momentum on the flats, they can really move. It was awesome, mes amis!


The last hill-- up and over Twin Peaks Road. Looming in the heat of the morning, Picacho Peak.

Allure Libre!

No comments: