Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Gates Pass, McCain Loop, and Saguaro Nat'l Park


We rode to the top of Gates Pass this last Sunday Morning. We've not been out on that course in sometime. It was a beautiful Spring Morning in the Desert!


John's friend Stan came with us!

You know, mes amis, I stripped down the Raleigh of all the commuting gear--and I am happy to report I rode that heavy steel bike up the Front Side of Gates Pass with no problem! I didn't have the triple ring for climbing like I do on the LeMond.


In Saguaro Nat'l Park and nearing McCain Loop.


The fast rollers on McCain Loop!


Yours, mes amis!


The Wolf... Ride in Peace!


Roger Preskett--Super Randonneur! The 600 Brevet was this weekend and part of our ride was on the course. I was keeping a lookout for the riders--when Roger pulled up at the old watering hole, just off Redneck Road! 50 miles to go to Casa Grande and the finish! Roger is the Real-Deal, Gentler Readers of this Blog--having knocked off a few hundred miles before breakfast!


The tandem sets a fast pace, and we're heading for home ourselves.


The Raleigh holds its own as a touring bike. It fits me well and is comfortable. But I have to work to keep up with John and Kathy on the tandem, and Stan as well.

We are hoping to reserrect our Sunday Morning Ride. If you are visiting Tucson--come ride with us!

Cheers!

Bruce

No comments: