Monday, May 01, 2006

Urban Freedom Rider

I have my old Mtn Bike here on Campus--and I've used it to run around on and explore places to have lunch. Dangerous to ride around here because Grant and Swan area is King to the Automobile. It feels kinda cool to be able to be free of the steet--but twice people in cars, pulling out to turn onto Grant, didn't see me. They weren't even looking. I don't blame them because what fool would ride a bike? I'm riding on the side walks--no one using them to walk on, so it feels like I own it, Baby! I must stay alert. I am surprised at how many people I see driving that are older and on the verge of "impaired"

I biked over to the China Star resturant last week. It was pretty awful. This afternoon I biked down to Panda Express on Grant and Swan. It wasn't much better than China Star. Some lady yacked on her cell phone the whole time we were in line--in Romanian I think. She was just talking and pointing to the slop she wanted. It was pretty rude. There was this cute young Chinese girl helping us, and I smiled at her and said please and thank you. I think she appreciated my manners. I saw the same lady sitting outside, still on the cell, and stuffing her face. I noticed that one of those little finches that hops around looking for scaps took a shit on her shoulder when it flew off (she didn't notice)

I looked at my watch and noticed it had taken me about three minutes to ride down to this place--and I should slow down and not inhale my lunch.

My fortune cookie au jourd qui: You will soon receive help from an unexpected source

May will be a good Month--send checks directly to me, mes amis!

Allure Libre!

1 comment:

Stefan Walz said...

LOL...we need to have more birds shitting on cell phone users.