Thursday, April 20, 2006

Ride Report

I rode from the Golf Course to the office this morning. Pretty uneventful except that its about time I got off my butt. I rode pretty good and I felt great. I can tell my bike is in need of a major tune-up however. I still don't think I'm ready to brave Ina which turns into Sunrise. It would get me fit alright--its all climbing. The sun is a bit better in the morning. Back when I started the new job, driving to work, the sun was right in my eyes and I couldn't see--and everybody was driving really fast. Sun is higher so by the time I think I'm ready to roll on the bike on that route, I can be seen.

My commute from the Golf Course to the bike locker is 17.7 miles, so its a bit longer that 15 that I used to ride from this spot to UofA. The last few miles from Mountain Ave to Swan, and then TMC has many lights and 4-Way stops, but the road is good for the most part.

At work I felt like a new man--all the stress and goo running thru my body get burned off when I bike, and the things that stress me out abandon the ride and don't matter. I feel lighter, and stronger...

A few days ago I brought my old Mtn bike that I never ride much, and have it locked in the bike rack that's near my bike locker. At lunch I took it for a spin and went to see friends. One friend had a Beck CD of mine and I got that back. My stylist--who cuts my hair wasn't in--he had been in a car wreck and my last appointment was cancelled. I never re-scheduled but wanted to say hello.

Gosh, this is boring--what else should I tell you? The main thing is that I just got out there and rode. Now I'm starting to see the other men and women that work at TMC ride in as well. Must be something in the air.

Owt

No comments: