Thursday, May 25, 2006

Air Force One

Last week when the President was in Yuma, Arizona--and other places in the State--I believe AirForceOne made a unanounced stop to re-fuel at DMAFB. I was at the park playing catch with my dog Callie--when I noticed a very large shimmering white-huge aircraft in the sky.

Normally large aircraft, which are military, don't fly in this area--but I must say this plane was flying quite low--so low in fact that I could clearly see it was AirForceOne.

Why do I mention this sighting, you say? I will explain mes amis: There was not a cloud in the sky. Nor was there wind or any stirring or any thing; machine or man or animal... Then appears this gleaming white--almost angelic--object overhead.

Once many years ago when I was a young man in Washington DC, President Reagan's car drove by close to the Potomac Ave Subway Stop where I was working in the neighborhood. Many men in black appeared and they were carring machine guns--and they were walking my way. It was pretty scary--then suddenly the just stopped and disappeared. I heard later that a mentally ill homeless man had thrown a dirt clod and hit the president's limo.

How does that song go?

You don't tug on Super Man's cape
You don't spit into the wind
You don't pull the mask off that ol' Lone Ranger
and you don't mess around with Jim

Owt

No comments: