Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Yet Another Ride Report!

Yesterday I zipped into the office and had a pleasant ride in. I met a guy Steve on his commute to UofA, and we had a nice chat about things--except when he made comment about the woman who ran the stop sign and almost ran over me. Yes, yet another complaint from Yours! Okay. I stop at Mtn Ave and Limber Lost--its a 4 Way stop. But see nobody ever stops. In this case, I passed Steve and we said Good Morning, and then I got to the intersection, stopped, and then a woman in a Jeep Liberty came up and just kept going and turning right and not even fuckin lookin just kept going and I was holding out my hand and yelling HEY STOP and she was kept going and being the nimble cat I am I got my ass out of the way just in time and I lived. So waiting at the light Steve comes up and we look at each other and he smiles and shakes his head. "They never stop, do they?" "No they don't," is my reply.

Other than that, I am feeling pretty good about things. Still tweaking the particulars of unlocking and locking things up--getting into the shower getting my clothes together, and changing with the most efficiency. For example I use two towels for the shower. One I put on the floor and fold up because the water doesn't drain too well and the whole locker room starts to flood. With the towel I don't have to worry about water everywhere. The lockers are kind of small so I can't really hang my bike stuff up to dry. I can just stash towels and shoes and soap and stuff.

Oh yeah, the blog will be almost a year old at the end of the week! Time to think about the blog and my cycling goals! And get some more pictures for you guys to look at.

Owt!

No comments: