Sunday, October 16, 2005

The Sporting Life

Very early this Saturday morning, I got up at 4:30 a.m. to drive up to Casa Grande to meet Steve. He had borrowed me his lights, and I wanted to return them. We decided to have a quick breakfast at I-Hop before the morning 200 K brevet--which by the way, Gentle Reader, I was in no condition to ride after last weekend's Cochise Classic. My back is still mending--but enjoy these photos of the start, as I said hello to friends.


Steve at the start of the 200, ready to burn off the pancakes we've just eaten at I-Hop...


Susan, our beloved RBA, and the famous Sandiway Fong--pre-ride check-in at the bike shop in Casa Grande.


Randoneurs prepare for the brevet.


The Lads ready for the ride.


At the start--five minutes to roll.


Allure libre, mes amis! Bon journey!

No comments: