Thursday, October 13, 2005

Post Cochise Pictures

That night after the race, there was a big loud party on the Hotel's plaza--until about 4 a.m. So I got no sleep at all, mes amis. At sun-up I took the camera and went out to take some photos. It was 6 a.m. and Downtown Douglas was pretty quiet.


All just a dream?


The lobby of the Hotel set up for the awards breakfast.


The Hotel's bar. There had been a Douglas High School Reunion Saturday night after the race. After the bar closed at 2 a.m. the party spilled over to the outside Hotel plaza--until 4 a.m.


The Team from Dallas, Texas.


22X in the parking lot of Hotel Gadsen.


Wind and rain are evident on our race number.


Gadsen Hotel was built in 1907.


As I rode into Douglas that evening, I could see the neon "Hotel Douglas" on top of the building.


Linda, my Crew Chief for Cochise. She gets up and goes for a run.


The course painted on the wall of this old building, across the street from the Hotel.


Douglas was a friendly town.


I'm not so sure about Tombstone. I took this on the drive back to Tucson. The night of the race I had to ride thru downtown Tombstone--almost crashed--some ruts or something in the road...


Oh yeah, the shoot out at the OK Corral--can't miss that!

Cheers, mes amis!

No comments: