Thursday, August 04, 2005

Ride to Work

This morning I was joined by a fellow commuter named Frank as I was rolling down the road. He's a cardiology fellow at UMC--mainly working at the VA Hospital. So it was cool to have another rider to talk with. Like me, he rides about 3 times a week. Last night about a quarter til 7 o'clock, I believe I saw him riding home as I drove moi voiture. And he said it was him. I'm not sure why I haven't seen him before. He was a very nice man and I'm sure we'll meet again.

We both noted that there were many more runners, joggers, and people walking dogs the last few weeks, that's why I 've been traveling down River all the way to Via Entrada to hop onto the Mountain Bridge there. I related to Frank my episode of running over the skateboarder last Friday, and he thought he might take my River to Via Entrada route to avoid the pedistrians as well.

My goal this morning was to take some pictures of the commute--but riding and talking with Frank means I'll do it some other morning. Maybe I'll have some images for the ride home.
Until then, here are a few shots from early morning...


I'm all packed from last night so all I have to do is hop in the car. Tangerine Rd and now most of Thornydale are under a construction project. I'll drive about six miles to the golf course.


At the Arthur Pack Golf Course--also a big sports complex, I park my car under the big mesquite trees. My car is shaded all day, and nice and cool when I roll up about 6 p.m.


This is a bit earlier than I usually start out...


"Aloha, Bruce. How was your ride in?" Yes, who wouldn't want to be greeted by Hawaiian girls as they arrive from a brisk 15 mile ride to the office?

Wednesday is a drive-in day. I bring in a change of clothes for my Thursday Friday rides, and take home clothes from the Monday Tuesday ride.

Ain't I organized or what?


It is August already, mes amis.

Chow!

No comments: