Thursday, June 22, 2006

Mountain Bike

I pulled the Mtn Bike from the bike locker and rode down to Chipotle for a bite. It was only 95 and not 105, and there were clouds--so you don't get that cooking feeling. But there were lots of people out and I had to wait in line at the resturant.

Mainly I had to wait in line so long because people would come in from their office, and they would be the first one there--then all their chump cohorts would arrive--and they'd cut in. So in the 20 minutes I was there, about 15 people cut in line. So if a person takes about a minute to get their order and get through the line, well you can see how I would have to wait an extra 15 minutes before I ordered.

These people were mainly airmen from the airforce base--but there were office girl types too. Just really bad manners. The thing that really irked me is that I was trying to exit, and people just kept walking in. These are mainly younger people in their twenties and thirties--everybody was so self absorbed and on their cell. Only after about 1o people bargded in did two older, better dressed, and probably educated men use good manners and hold the door and let me exit. We were all amazed at the total lack of manners of the herd.

But it was just great to get out and move, and get my heart rate going. I felt like I accomplished more today, and the air was fresh and clean and felt good.

On the bike you can see things that you would miss in the car. Like rattlesnakes in the wash... The wash is what's left of an ancient wash and is all concrete. I know that it runs for miles uninterrupted, as it runs through the heart of TMC, and on the way to Chipotle, I cross it again on Grant. Looking South it seems to go on for miles. I'd like to ride in there and see how far I can go--like some kind of journey of discovery. Cool--I think I'll do that.

Owt

No comments: