Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Morning Ride Report


Left chez toi at 6 a.m. and had a pleasant drive to the YMCA, where I parked the car. I believe I dove 9.2 miles. At 6 a.m. the YMCA is packed! I got one of the last parking spaces...

Mes amis, it was hot and I have to say a bit muggy even--and there was traffic--but as a veteran of brevets and randonnees I left undaunted. The time was nearer to 6:15 a.m. Anyway it seemed tougher this morning (went to bed at Midnight last night) and I was on my own. When Steve and I rode on Ina (which turns into Skyline) a few weeks ago it seemed like a piece of cake.

I could feel the hills and sweat was pouring out of me! Lots of exhaust fumes too--yuck! Rode up to a guy on a bike in front of me, who looked at me like I was a ghost. I said good morning but he did not reply. In that case its time to pick up the pace and move on.

When I got up to the top, about Skyline and Campbell Ave. I think, I tucked in the aero bars and hauled arse downhill. The pavement is nice and smooth and clean. I got to ride fast and that was fun. One hump in the pavement gave me a jolt, but other than that I flew down the road.

There's a gradual climb as you near the high school--and after that you're almost to Swan. Swan heading South is about four or five miles of downhill and you can take off like a rocket--which I did. All the lights changed green for me and the momentum quickly got me to Glenn and Swan.


I rolled into Campus and off the bike at 7:15 a.m. Not bad. Not bad for Cat 2 overweight and having consumed way to much alcohol at the Beck Concert, and I stayed up until midnight doing on-line bill pay last night...

Oh I have my rain coat with me as the monsoons are coming. Maybe today? My heart is light today mes amis!

Allure Libre

No comments: