Monday, November 07, 2005

Sunday Pace Line


Early Sunday morning I met Glasgow and we weaved our way through some neighborhoods to find his friend Jan. The plan was to ride up to Saguaro Nat'l Park and do a few laps. We picked up Jan, who lived just off Pima, and started out--within a few minutes, Glasgow took off--as usual, and I waited for Jan to catch up with me. I suggested we go have some coffee seeing as how her coach kind of dumped her. About that time a paceline of about 10 riders was coming up--they said jump on the train so I did.

I was able to hang with them on Pima all the way up to Tanke Verde, up to and past Udall Park all the way out to Houghton Road. We were riding all that way at 20mph--and I thought, this is the ticket, Baby! They turned North, probably to take the El Tour route, and I turned South on Houghton to go to the Nat'l Park.

I got to the park and did a lap--but Glasgow was nowhere to be found. Jan was way behind me. I should have stayed with that pace line--these guys were all wearing the same jersey colors and it was pretty obvious they were training for El Tour. They all seemed pretty fit and I was happy that I was able to keep up.

Allure Libre

No comments: