Thursday, September 22, 2005

Cochise Classic

It is official--I have sent in my name and fee to ride the Cochise County Classic. It will be 252 miles--what have I done? How much will I suffer? Will I suffer? I've been randonneering and these distances have not been too bad. So what am I afraid of?

Shitting myself for one thing...

Everything it seems has built up to this ride; a rite of passage--I've been talkin smack and now its time to do it. Luckily, I will have Linda on my crew--she will know what to do--And if not for Steve, who has gotten me to train on some pretty long and tough rides, I would not even have the courage to even attempt such a ride.

I haven't really had any support from Bev on this--she was waiting for me to talk myself out of it. But whether I want to or not--I will be on the start at 2 a.m. October 8th, 2005

Recently a friend gave me a goodluck charm--on the Solstice--so I take that as a good sign and will carry this charm on the ride.

I may finish last--but I will finish!

Cheers!

No comments: