Monday, September 19, 2005

Almost a short ride this morning...

Well, mes amis--I am at the golf course parking lot. The car is parked under the shady trees so it will be nice and cool on my return home. As usual, the rabbits are hoping around--they pay no mind to me--and the birds are singing and gathering in their gangs for mischief.

I am in the saddle, ready to roll. I clip in one shoe--I clip in the other shoe and I roll about two feet, and then HOLY SHIT!

This Old Lady, in a hurry, driving a big-arse SUV fuckin pulls her vehicle to park right next to my car--and comes one inch from freakin running over my sorry ass! I mean she didn't even flinch! I thought I was dead.

She had no clue I was even standing there. There were some other golfing ladies, probably her friends, that were standing a few cars over--and they just stood there with their mouths open in disbelief!

Okay. So what am I going to do--get in this Old Lady's face? Nah. What's the point? It wouldn't make any difference. I could kind of tell by the look on the Old Lady's friends' faces that they know she's a bad driver--and one day is going to kill someone.

So take a deep breath and get to work... Because I'm running a little later than usual, there is traffic--and people are getting their butts to work. I'm actually going faster than traffic. A guy driving a big cement truck slows and gives me plenty of room to get past--as he can see me coming up from behind in his rear-view mirror. The bike lane is narrow. I pass and give him a wave.

I'm glad someone's paying attention.

Cheers!

No comments: