Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Rode in on a Broom


I probably should have taken before and after photos, Gentle Readers, of my new bike locker. I promise a full photo essay soon! All I can say is that is was filthy, and this morning I arrived early with a old rag, a broom, and bust bin to shovel out the dirt and spider webs.

A phone call to security forces, which probably would have been forwarded to the Mail Room, where I picked up the key the other day, could have eventually gotten some one out there to at least use a leaf blower and blast all that shit out.

People coming to work saw me marching across the TMC campus broom and dust bin in hand, probably wondering to themselves what the hell I was up to. Bubba or Bobby Dewayne was maybee thinkin to themselves, "That thar boy up and ought tah ride that there broom on in to his lolly-pop desk job..." Well damn their NASCAR hats, gotees, and RayBans! Je suis un Randonneur, cowboy!

So I swept out and carried off three shovel loads of what looks like years of dust and grit. I can't see how it got so messed up in there. I might be that the parking garage leaks and all the water drips down on the bike lockers--but this is a chance for me to pimp my bike locker with photos of svelt ladies and Hello Kitty posters!

Sweet!

No comments: