Tuesday, February 28, 2006

What I Wished For


Be careful what you wish for--because you might get it. Yesterday I drove to TMC for some formalities with the new job. So I drove the route what will be my commute.

I must say that it will be a long commute and pretty daunting. It was 80 degrees and seemed much hotter and I saw cyclists out on the road--they looked like they were working hard--yeah, this one guy going up that long climb, North on Swan, to Skyline--he was suffering. Now I know why the riders in the peleton are called prisoners. You don't own the road, the road owns you.

I'll make my peace and stop complaining--I mean, I did want a good commute--and I got it.

At TMC I had a physical. They say I'm in good shape, and were pretty impressed with my blood pressure, which seemed stronger than they noramally see. But the nurses there gave me all kinds of shots and I had to have a blood draw--and I was saying, "Hey this is for nurses and doctors and stuff--I'm just the library guy!" "No--doesn't matter," they said. "Give me your arm--" O! how I hate shots.

So my last day at AHSL is Thursday. Friday evening we're all going to get together and meet at Gentle Ben's and everyone will have a few beers and hang out. Gentle Reader, if you are in Tucson pls come by and wish me the best. My plan is to try to kiss as many of the girls as possible, so I've invited all the ones I like. With luck, they won't bring their boyfriends!

Allure Libre!

1 comment:

Stefan Walz said...

So, is your long commute part of working in town, or living so far out of town? I guess you thought these things through when you bought that pimp palace in Dawg Mountain, yo.

Life in the library will never be the same,

Your friend, in the rear end,

Big Ballz