Monday, February 20, 2006

Cochise Revisited


Back in October, my bike in the hotel room after Cochise...

I read the official results of the Cochise Classic right before the weekend, and it included all the statistics on the event. Concerning the 252 mile ride, 30 riders had signed up and only 19 finished.

This isn't very scientific, but if you look at the times, you will see that at number 16, I was leading the second half of the riders. The storm and the wind, as you know Gentle Readers, pounded away at me and my fellow cyclists--we were slowed down almost to a crawl in that wind and rain, and hail.

The last three riders that came in were a good 2.5 to 3 hours behind my finising time--that means that 11 racers between me and the last three didn't finish. DNF.

Its clear I was pretty lucky, mes amis.

No comments: