Tuesday, February 21, 2006

New Job! New Job!


Well you know I got's me a new job. Yep. More money, 8-2-4:30 mon - fri . A bad-ass commute that will either get me killed--or turn me into a mutant.

There's the Danger Commute, and then there's the little girl commute. I like to see the bunnies and I do appreciate the song birds. I like to hear the rooster crow in the mornings. I like to see the horses on River Ave. I like to see the pretty girls out jogging...

Riding on River, and then riding on Ina/Skyline--this is a man's ride; gritty! fast! speed! idiots behind the wheels of automobiles! Soccer Moms on cell phones! Holy sh_t but it is awesome. I feel like the Big Bad Wolf amongst the sheep.

But the speedy weedies could most likely care less. They're probably thinking to themselves, "Why can't you just drive a car like everybody else?"

I start the new job March 13th--I'll take about 10 days off to ride my bike and train for the 400 km brevet.

Friday March 3rd, after work, we're all meeting at Gentle Ben's. You're invited!

Cheers!

No comments: