Sunday, June 23, 2013

Summer Bike Club Ride


Riding in Kansas means going out in a pack thru the headwind.  Everyone takes a turn, Gentle Reader!


If you can stay on John's wheel, you will be glad you did!  A very strong rider to have in the paceline!


I've been riding during the week with the guys--mainly retired or semi-millionaire types that get together to hammer into the headwind, fly back into town--and then have lunch or go to the pub.


I've been riding a lot more than posting.  I've only just recently be able to keep up with the group.  I'm feeling pretty strong, mes amis--but I still kind of burn-out if I hit it too hard going out.  I finally felt comfortable taking the camera along, mostly because I know these guys better and we're all cool with riding in a fast paceline.  Today with the wind, we took things a bit more easy, so the camera came out and here's some shots.


Girls can definitely keep up with the boys.


Don is riding strong again -- he was hit by a car last year when I believe a car driver ran a stop sign.


My friend Paul is a big strong rider and I like these guys because they riding with people a bit faster than you only makes you better.


Jim is our Ride Captain -  we became friends in Celebrity Spin Class this Winter.



Old 59 is very scenic, and actually not that old.  New 59 only opened late Fall of this year.  There's still a bit of repair and construction to connect some of the rural roads to the main artery of Old 59.   All the riders in Lawrence and still exploring and trying to figure out what's open and what's closed.








The wind is pretty strong and its hotter than hell!  We go out about 20 miles to where Old 59 is not passable yet (on down to Ottawa, KS) and turn around.  


Also the wind will start to shift and that would make the ride a slog.  So we get on board with the tail wind!


Everyone loves a tailwind!


We fly back to town!


We have a nice lunch, a few beers, and then I ride back home to The Little House.  What a great ride!
Thanks for stopping by the blog!

Cheers!  Bruce

No comments: