Monday, July 06, 2009

Ride Report -- 102 Degrees


Yikes...

80 degrees at 6 a.m. this morning when I saddled up--and a fierce head wind, which is rare, coming out of the East. It was a brutal ride into the office. For the afternoon's ride home, the headwind was now coming from the West. I had been hoping for a tailwind, because mes amis, by 4:30 p.m. it had cooled down to 102.

I was surprised that I did okay. I just keep a moderate pace and kept in the drops, trying to make myself as insignificant as possible in this drama of Wind and Rain, Sun and Humidity.

As long as I kept moving I kept cool and the sweat evaporated. I also had a chilled second water bottle wrapped in my office attire to keep it cold. That came in handy before the big climb.

102 is pushing the limit I think.

Cheers! Bruce

No comments: