Friday, April 07, 2006

My Food Poisoning Adventure!

Bon Jour Mes Amis.

Yes, that's right--got food poisoning. I have been home sick for going on six days. I am only able to write this because of the two IV bags I received yesterday while at Urgent Care. As the IV began to flow into my arm, everything changed from the black/white with green shadows--to RBG millions of colors--I lived!

I tried to go to work yesterday, but by 11am was in trouble. I must have been pretty dehydrated because the room started to spin and everything turned black and white. Driving myself to Urgent Care (which is ironic because I work in a 40 acre state of the art medical complex) the idiot light in 22X came on--telling me I was going to run out of fuel--which is again ironic because I was out of fuel mentally, physically, emotionally, and now mechanically. I really hit the iceburg this time...

I suppose I interrupted my Guardian Angel's lunch with the Girls so she could real quick put some magic dust in my gas tank and get my butt to at least the parking lot of Urgent Care.

The medical staff and nurses took care of the formalities--I didn't even feel the IV needle--and then the fog lifted for the first time in many days. Holy Shit! A week of my life was gone!

So Bev and I ate at a little Mexican place we like. That was Sunday late afternoon. Within a few hours I was ill, and then grappled with the beast all night, and then most of Monday. Tuesday was a rest day. Wednseday I went back to work and worked until noon--had an appointment but skipped the doctor visit--the worst is over so I thought--a mistake. Should have just stayed home one more day and rested.

Now Dr's orders are to stay home and rest--so I will. Already I'm feeling stronger and want to return to my old self with a vengence. One week missed of productivity both mental and physical. This week things really have changed and the sun rises earlier and sets later. It is Spring.

Cool.

1 comment:

Stefan Walz said...

Ouch, sounds like the refried beans were tainted with Pedro's underarm deodorant. Remind me again which restaurant that was?

Good to hear you are so close to Pima, I want to take my bike in, but Ordinary is so much closer. Anybody other than Performance is uplifting. Ride on.