Monday, January 06, 2014

Have a Happy Christmas!

 
I want to tell you that I got busy and did not finish up this post - Luckily the snow up here at The College melted and I was able to drive off the mountain and start back to Kansas.  My timing was perfect, Gentle Reader of This Blog, as I left AZ for KS on December 19th and arrived in Lawrence two day later with a big snow and ice storm right on my heels!  As soon as I pulled into the driveway of The Little House, the ice and snow started.
 
Not much t really tell you about my stay in Kansas other than it was shit-ass cold - stayed in mostly, went down to Tulsa to see family, oh and one day, it got up to 50 degrees so I went out and rode about 30 miles.  As I was coming back into town, there was a huge strong tail-wind, which was yet another snow storm hitting the plains...



 
Before I left back to KS from the Navajo Reservation, I was in Shiprock, mes amis.  Part of my job will be doing some work here at the Senator John D. Pinto Library - the Senator was one of the famous Navajo Code Talkers, and this library is quite beautiful!


 
Still getting my head around how things work out here at this place, but happy to report that the job is going well, thanks in part to working with good people (for a change)


The Rock with Wings


That's Shiprock - about 7,100 feet.  Sacred to the Navajo.  Might bike out there sometime so stay-tuned to the blog!

Cheers!  Bruce
 



No comments: