Thursday, August 08, 2013

Haunts

Big Sexy has bar end shift levers
 I'm in Tucson for the unpleasant business of evicting my piece of shit renter from my house up in Dog Mtn.  I drove down from Kansas with Little Egypt - we filed an action - and I went to court and got a judgement against him/them.  It was and has been pretty stressful, Readers of This Blog.  Little E flew back, leaving me to complete the process - which was basically wait almost nine days for court.  The Tenant never really thought we would arrive in Tucson, and right away, as always, he was making excuses and stalling for time to get the money he owed for rent.  He had run out lies -grandma's funeral, colon cancer, had to fly out of town, everything.

If you were to visit, you'd see very expensive Big Screen TVs in every room, expensive furniture, expensive cars and trucks... he lived well beyond what he could afford.  I believe slowly, his world began to come apart -- and being served an eviction notice and a court date was quite a reality check.

With only 24 hours left to file for a dismissal, after agreeing to meet me to discuss terms : he pay cash for two months rent then leave at the end of the month - we were going to meet at 3 pm.  At 3 pm, after I arrived at my house to find nobody there, I sent said piece of shit a text saying "Where are you?"  his reply, "Just leaving, and en route..." That, Gentle Readers, really pissed me off.  I waited for 15 minutes and was leaving when he rolled up in his very expensive hot rod car.  You would think something this important, a way not to go to court, you would show up on time.  I was not happy and let him know so - he told me he was held up by a train - this was yet another lie, and the lie that broke the camel's back.

I laid out our terms - and from talking to him, I knew he didn't have, and wouldn't have the money.  So there would be no deal.  We would be in court.  He ran after me down the street begging me to stop - it was pathetic.

Our renter told me several times, hey it's not like I'm five months late!  He never, and still does not think he's done anything wrong.

I was at the court on time - he never showed up.  So he, and his girlfriend have a pretty large judgement against them - three months rent due, late fees (500 dollars) and court costs.  His now ex-girlfriend signed the lease but she ignored all our emails and 5 day notices about getting evicted.  Just ignoring us will not bode well for her, mes amis.  She will have some sleepless nights when she discovers she will have her wages garnished and her credit rating ruined plus appearing in court.

Mt. Lemmon a.k.a. Mt. Indifference
I rolled around on my own, sans Le Tigre, down to a Starbucks to get a coffee.  I rode on Moore Rd and through Rancho Vistoso, and at the cafe, found myself in a familiar haunt - but surrounded by French tourists.  One guy had an iPad and was filming and narrating the scene - which I have to say, was quite beautiful with Pusch Ridge in the background.  Further back, Mt Lemmon and the Catalinas.  Rain threatened but I just enjoyed my hot espresso, the French language flowing around the tables, and some sort of piece of mind. 

I rode Big Sexy back to Dog Mtn, as I have done hundreds of times, but I had to mostly ride in the drops to keep the gears in place.  

Once the climbing was done to the crest of the foothills of the Tortollitas, I sailed back to Dog Mtn on Big Sexy and then to my friend's place where I'm camped out. 

Slowly, the stress of the eviction is is waning, and I feel like a local cyclist again!  

Cheers!  Bruce

No comments: