Friday, November 16, 2012

Bicycle Recycle


When  ever I run a quick errand to the supermarket, which has just re-opened after a make-over, I recycle what glass we have at the liquor store.   I can carry a case of beer on the Old Desert San Campus bike, mes amis. 


 Even though its November, the weather has been warm!


Part of my route through the back streets to the store, which is only about 1/2 mile from The Little House.  Winter is on the way but its been so warm--and no rain.  A mild Winter is okay but it means the drought will continue.  


I've brought back a bag of groceries on the bike, and the empty boxes that hold the beer bottles for the week.   I really enjoy being able to do more than half my errands on the bike.  Ricky walks up to KU or rides his bike,  and I've ridden my bike to work all year.  The exception was May after my fall and injury.  I'm trying to get Little Egypt to bike to work a few days a week but I have not made her a convert quite yet!

Cheers!  Bruce



No comments: