Monday, October 22, 2012

Fall Riding and Commuting

Coming home from a Club Ride

I'll try to do as much riding as I can, Gentle Readers of This Blog.  Fall is here for sure and leaves are blowing and covering this part of Kansas.  I've been going out with the Bike Club and holding my own, however this weekend I opted for the shorter route and didn't go with the faster people.  Still had a strong ride, and again over roads I didn't know and had never ridden on.  As we're starting later we take roads with less traffic.  That's one reason I didn't ride a wheel out further because if I got dropped I wouldn't be all that sure the best route home.

Coming Home from a Club Ride, Old East Lawrence

Because we start later (not really that much warmer) I get to sleep in, even on a ride day.  Getting home later is okay I guess as Little Egypt and Rico sleep very late on the weekends--but there was a fresh hot pot of coffee just made when I got in--that was awesome mes amis!

Morning commute to the office

My year contract as the University Librarian at Haskell Native Nations University will be ending mid-November.  I rode my bike to work every day to work, with the exception being most of the month of May, as I recovered from my injury.

Fall on Haskell Campus, 2012
Cheers!  and thanks for stopping  by the Blog!

No comments: