Monday, January 23, 2006

My back is out, and, My gas grill is on fire

Well, Gentle Readers, since the new year I've done two centuries. Not bad really. But I am reporting that my back is shot and I finally dragged myself into the chiropractor for some relief.

Its the old horseback riding mishap from years ago that has me down. When I was a few years younger--what seems another life--I had two horses. I loved them dearly, and while going to school in South Dakota, rode them on a pretty regular basis. I became an accomplished rider, and had a few spills here and there, but had a fall and really messed up my lower back. Nowadays when I do something that's just a little to much, like try to lift something too heavy, or twist the wrong way--zing--the back goes and the pain is draining.

I took today off as the doctor told me to move around and twist and bend to stay loose. I got the gas grill ready and played fetch with Callie, my dog. I was just getting the steaks for dinner ready when I noticed the smoke--like something was burning. It has been kind of breezy the last few days, and well the fuckin thing was on fire--the grease and stuff that slowly accumulates on the grill caught fire. So I turned on the hose and sprayed a little water on the grill and it went out. Of course when it went out there was this huge cloud of smoke that I'm sure everyone in Dog Mtn could have seen.

I called Bev on her cell to tell her that the grill burned up. So she suggested I go over the neighbors (they're out of town and we are watching their house) and use their brand new grill. I did but the the steaks didn't come out very good--the dog got most of the steak and she's happily sleeping on the couch as I write this.

Oh yeah, Thursday night the refrigerator went out and I had to haul all our food to the nieghbor's house and put in their fridge (that included those steaks mentioned above) oh and my nieghbor had to go to Georgia all of the sudden and he asked me to take down his Christmas tree lights on his roof so he wouldn't get a $250 fine from the Dog Mtn Home Owner's Assoc.

My nieghbor, also named Bruce, and my self, put up the lights back in November. It was a two man job then, and taking them down was also a two man job--well you might guess how I probably threw out my back--climbing up and down on the roof of this huge house in a cold evening wind. Its a wonder I didn't fall off the roof and break my neck. But these things have to be done, mes amis!

So I spent Friday waiting for the refrigerator repair man to show, and luckily he had the part that went bad. So after mopping the floor--again--and bringing back the food from the nieghbors, I think I had a peanut butter and jelly sandwhich for dinner.

If you're still reading this crap you will realize that I don't have a bourgeois life style where I can just go for joy rides on expensive bicycles wearing my expensive and swank roadie clothes--there's always shit I have to deal with and if I'm lucky I get to go out and ride.

Well, next post I will have adventurs and photos so stay tuned!

Owt!

No comments: