Saturday, December 10, 2005

Dove Mountain Days


I took an early solitary ride up into Dove Mountain, mes amis. The morning was crisp as I spun into the hills among the cacti. The mountain was sleepy-- only song birds stirring--darting about my head as I made the climb.


Bikes in the garage ready to go--no excuses for staying in bed this morning.


Leaving behind the developments.


A side road to a scenic spot.


Sun is coming out.


These mountain are rugged and scorching, even in the winter.


A few more miles up the road, and the cactus abound.


You can hear song birds everywhere. I often see deer crossing the road up here too. Since the road dead-ends for now, there's no traffic.


Nearing Owl Head Canyon


Owl Head Canyon Summit


End of the paved road behind me. I've ridden up further about three more miles on the road bike, but not this morning--the sun is out but there is a chill in the wind.


View South down into Old Mexico...


Got this putting the camera back in my pocket...


Looking South East and going home--Pusch Ridge to the right.

This was fun and it has been awhile since I made this 5 mile climb up into the Tortilita Mountains on Dove Mtn Blvd. Usually its pretty tough and I start sweating half-way up. I am happy to report that I felt strong and the climb seemed effortless--but this morning it was only about 45 degrees instead of 90 or 100. I suppose that would make a difference n'est ce pas?

Allure Libere!

No comments: