Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Callie Has Valley Fever


Callie

A few weeks ago, I took Callie down to John's clinic. He took a couple of x-rays and then he got this big needle, stuck it in Callie's side (where there's a growing squishy hump--that's gotten larger in a short amount of time) and drew out some gunk--put it on a slide, and then sent it to the pathology lab at University of Arizona.

I thought I was going to pass out while he probed around with an even bigger needle and syringes as the first five or six attempst to get out the gunky stuff wasn't going so well. Gentle Readers of This Blog--needles cause me to break out in a cold sweat. Some of the staff there quickly came over to support me as the room started to spin and I felt my knees going...

John calls my office this afternoon and says Callie has Valley Fever.

Callie is a 13 year old German Shorthair Pointer--and very fit. You wouldn't know she was being slowed down by Valley Fever--but as of late she's been affected by the summer heat and humidity here in Tucson. I'm just glad I can get her on some drugs and I know soon she'll be even healthier!

Cheers! Bruce

No comments: